Visiting our hospitals
- Please visit during our visiting hours (2-8pm for wards; for a full list click here)
- Please don’t visit if you’re feeling unwell. Patients have access to free Wi-Fi thanks to PRIMO; stay at home and connect with your loved ones in hospital via technology if you can.
- Got an appointment but you’re feeling unwell? Please call to reschedule for when you’re feeling better.
- All visitors are encouraged to sanitise your hands and wear a face mask when in our buildings.
- Entrances to Taranaki Base Hospital main building are available at:
- The main entrance by the Emergency Department
- The red path entrance from the main car park (accessed via Lyn Street)
- Tukapa Street entrance (by Oncology)
- The Maternity entrance (accessed via David Street)
- See the Taranaki Base Hospital map to locate these entrances.
- For information on where to get vaccinations (COVID-19, antenatal [pregnancy], childhood and more) in Taranaki, click here.
- For information on COVID-19 testing centres in Taranaki, click here
Hospital visiting hours
WARD 2A, 3A, 3B, 4A, 4B
2pm - 8pm
Monday - Sunday
CHILDREN’S WARD (WARD 2B)
Open visiting for immediate family/caregiver only
General visiting 2pm - 8pm
Monday - Friday 3pm - 8pm
Saturday - Sunday 10am - 8pm
INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
Open visiting for Immediate family only
However no visiting between 12pm - 2pm
SEXUAL HEALTH CLINIC
Ph 0508 SEX HEALTH (0508 739 432), 188 Powderham Street New Plymouth
Monday 6pm - 8pm
Tuesday & Friday 9am - 12pm
Te Rangimarie Hospice, 5 David Street
Open visiting for families, general visiting 10am - 7pm daily
Last updated: Thursday, September 8, 2022