Post-graduate study and funding for nurses
If you’re a registered nurse (RN) in Taranaki looking to take the next step in your nursing career, advice and funding are available for postgraduate study in 2024.
There is only one opportunity to apply for this Health Workforce funding. Applications for funding 2024 open on the 11 September and close 1600 hours Monday 30 October 2023.
Application outcome notification date is late November.
Application form (Word 78 KB)
Postgraduate Study Funding Handbook (PDF 309 KB)
- Applicants, who successfully completed the NETP programme and are employed in a permanent position
- Recruitment, retention and development of the RN workforce identifying as Māori
- Prioritised workforce needs identified by the Te Whatu Ora Taranaki or VHF organisation
- Employer support where post graduate study/qualification is a requirement of a role
- Course of study aligns with National and regional health priorities such as Ministry of Health strategies, Whakamaua, or organisational strategies
- Locally delivered papers
Tertiary providers for post-grad study options
Auckland University of Technology
Watch the webcast
This presentation gives and exciting overview of postgraduate study at Massey University. Rather than searching through a website you can sit back, relax and enjoy the show. You will meet the staff and be given a clear description of all the different Postgraduate Nursing pathways you can take and the requirements for each qualification. If you have any questions, or would like more information please contact the PG Nursing Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
PG Nursing Handbook (massey.ac.nz) (PDF)
Master of Health Science (Nursing) (PDF 25KB)
Master of Nursing (Nurse Practitioner) (PDF 21KB)
Master of Nursing (PDF 24KB)
PG Diploma in Nursing - Nurse Prescribing (PDF 68KB)
Otago University of Christchurch
University of Auckland
Victoria University of Wellington
For more information
- For more information on postgraduate study and the application for funding processs see the revised Postgraduate Study Handbook here
- All the education providers invite you to contact them to discuss study options, pathways and career choices.
- Do also discuss your postgraduate study aspirations with your manager and clinical nurse educator. The PG coordinator, Kaitlyn Prichard, can also be contacted for guidance at Post.Graduatestudiescoordinator@tdhb.org.nz
Tuesday, September 12, 2023