Living and working in Taranaki
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Why not try Kiwi Health Jobs
NZ's largest database of health sector jobs!
Staff profilesCheck out some of our staff members here at Te Whatu Ora Taranaki and hear what they have to say about working here.
Taranaki is one of those magical places in the world where people come for a visit, and find they never want to leave. The wonderful natural environment with a majestic mountain at its heart, the rugged coastline world-renowned for its surf, great career opportunities, our love of art and culture, cafes and outdoor living mean it's a fantastic place to work, live and play.
Mission (Te Kaupapa)
Improving, promoting, protecting and caring for the health and wellbeing of the people of Taranaki.
Partnership / Whanaungatanga
We work together to achieve our goals.
Courage / Manawanui
We have the courage to do what is right.
Empowerment / Mana motuhake
We support each other to make the best decisions.
People matter / Mahakitanga
We value each other, our patients and whānau.
Safety / Manaakitanga
We provide excellent service in a safe and trusted environment.
We have identified the following aims which we see as the cornerstones to achieve our vision.
- To promote healthy lifestyles and self responsibility
- To have the people and infrastructure to meet changing health need
- To have people as healthy as they can be through promotion, prevention, early intervention and rehabilitation
- To have services that are people-centred and accessible where the health sector works as one
- To have a multi-agency approach to health
- To improve the health of Māori and groups with poor health status
- To lead and support the health and disability sector and provide stability throughout change
- To make the best use of the resources available
Last updated: Wednesday, September 14, 2022