Breastfeeding Welcome Here
Breastfeeding Welcome Here aims to increase support for breastfeeding in the community through highlighting breastfeeding friendly places. There are a variety of community settings including cafes, libraries, medical centres and early childhood education services which undertake self- audits against the following criteria:
- Staff are supportive and welcoming to breastfeeding mothers.
- The site is committed to providing a smokefree environment, including outdoors.
- The site provides a safe environment for toddlers, eg. electric sockets covered, play area.
- The environment enables the woman to breastfeed discreetly.
- Comfortable and appropriate seating is provided, preferably with low arms.
- Comfortable temperature year round.
- There is sufficient room for pushchairs. A twin pushchair is able to fit through the front door.
- Off floor baby change area provided with hand washing nearby.
Look out for this sign:
For further information, please contact the Taranaki DHB Public Health Unit on 06 753 7799.
Last updated: Friday, June 1, 2018