The Audiology Department is situated on Level 3 at Taranaki Base Hospital, adjacent to the ward block.
Te Whatu Ora Taranaki Audiology Services are accessed by referral for people who meet Te Whatu Ora Taranaki criteria for publically-funded services. Services provided are::
- Paediatric diagnostic assessments.
- Adult diagnostic and ototoxic monitoring requests from ENT specialist or other approved referrers
- Diagnostic testing of babies referred from the Universal Newborn Hearing Screening and Early Intervention Programme.
- Targeted follow up assessments for young children referred from the Universal Newborn Hearing Screening and Early Intervention Programme.
- Therapy and the provision of hearing aids for preschoolers, children and young people up to the age of 18 if in primary, secondary or tertiary education.
Audiology clinics are held four days per week and the department is open from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Phone 06 753 7748
Links and resources:
Tuesday, February 7, 2023