Against Family Violence Week
24th October 2009
Taranaki DHB is committed to working against family violence and to support White Ribbon Day on Wednesday November 25.
The Child & Adolescent Community Centre is holding a week long promotion (23-27 November) AGAINST FAMILY VIOLENCE to coincide with White Ribbon Day 25 November.
During the week there re a number of different activities etc for the children have been arranged
* Monday - Police Dog and Handler
* Tuesday - Craft activities with Play Specialist from Ward 2 and Harakeke (Flax) Weaving
* Wednesday - Display of Harley Davidson Motorbikes – a drive by of motorbikes – many staff wearing supportive against family violence tee shirts.
* Thursday - Craft activities with Play Specialist from Ward 2
* Friday - Hearing Dog for the Deaf and Handler
We are hoping for a fairly festive, exciting atmosphere with displays and lots of giveaways for the children.
Please feel free to call by anytime you wish if you would like to see what it going on.
For more information please call
Contact Sue Carrington
Taranaki DHB Media Advisor
Tel 021 367 789
Last updated: Tuesday, November 24, 2009