Consultation on regulations under the Smokefree Environments and Regulated Products Act opens today
27 January 2021
We welcome your important feedback – and the feedback of your stakeholders – on draft regulations under the Smokefree Environments and Regulated Products Act 1990 as part of our consultation that begins today, 26 January 2021.
This consultation is an important step towards better supporting smokers to switch to regulated products that are less harmful than smoking, and to protect children, young people and non-smokers from the risks associated with vaping and smokeless tobacco products.
We’re seeking public feedback because we want to get it right and to make sure the proposed regulations are workable for those who are impacted by them.
You can have your say on regulatory proposals that will deliver the intent of the Act, including:
- Options for the definition of an internal area
- The display of vaping products in retail stores and websites
- The use of harm reduction statements in retail stores and websites
- The display of R18 notices at vaping points of sale
- Packaging requirements for vaping products
- The responsibilities of manufacturers and importers who intend to sell vaping products or smokeless tobacco products (including product safety requirements).
Read the draft regulations and provide feedback using the online tool or download the feedback form and email it to email@example.com.
The consultation closes at 5pm 15 March 2021. The final regulations will be notified in due course and it is expected they will take effect in August 2021, with anonymised submissions published on the Ministry of Health website.
If you have any issues or need any assistance with participating in this consultation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate you taking the time to make a submission.
Last updated: Wednesday, January 27, 2021