Te Rangimarie Hospice
Hospice palliative care is available to people with life limiting cancer or non-cancer illness with little or no prospect of cure and with limited life expectancy.
Services provided by Hospice Taranaki include:
- In-patient unit - Te Rangimarie. Patients from anywhere in the province can be admitted for symptom management; respite care and terminal stage care. There are also 2 beds in the Hawera Hospital available to patients in the south.
- Community palliative care nursing: We have 7 nurses covering North and South Taranaki caring for patients in their own home or in aged care facilities. In Inglewood, Stratford and Coastal Taranaki community care is provided by District Nurses.
- Medical cover. There is a palliative care doctor either on site at Te Rangimarie or on call 24/7.
- Counselling & Bereavement Service. Trained counsellors are available to assist patients, families and significant others prior to and after bereavement.
- Access to social worker, occupational therapist and/or physiotherapist.
- Equipment loan: Beds, air mattresses, commodes, wheelchairs, walkers, etc are available free to patients.
- Volunteer support: Transport, sitting, carer respite are available by arrangement with our Volunteer Co-ordinator.
- Day stay programme: An interesting and varied programme is available to community patients each Wednesday and Friday in New Plymouth.
- Home help: Help with housekeeping can be arranged.
- Personal cares: Assistance with showering and bathing can also be arranged.
- Respite Care: When the carer needs a break we can provide respite care for 3 or 4 days either in Te Rangimarie or in an aged care facility of the patient's choice.
- Biography service: Specially trained volunteers are available to record the patients memories which is then produced in booklet form.
- Remembrance services in both New Plymouth and Hawera for patients' families.
Phone 06 7537830
Last updated: Tuesday, May 8, 2012