Save ED for emergencies
Going to ED is not your only option. There are other health services available:
- Call 0800 Healthline (0800 611 116)
It’s a 24-hour service and registered nurses will address the symptoms, recommend a care plan and help to reassure worried parents.
- Visit your pharmacy or a physiotherapist for advice.
- Book an appointment with your GP. Children under 13 are free and there are low cost GP practices in New Plymouth, Stratford, Opunake, Hawera and Patea.
- If your GP is busy, or it’s the weekend you can visit MediCross or Phoenix in New Plymouth (charges apply).
- Medicross and Phoenix offer x-ray services and can treat sprained or suspected broken bones (charges apply).
- It is very important that people experiencing a genuine emergency call 111 for an ambulance or go to ED.
- IN AN EMERGENCY DIAL 111
Our hospital ED's are not your only option - save ED for emergencies.
O800 Healthline / 0800 611 116